New measures regarding Coronovirus from March 17 2020
As announced we would like to inform you about further measures concerning the operation of the LoRa. Yesterday, the Federal Council declared an "extraordinary situation" and issued a new ordinance on measures to combat the coronavirus. Current information in 10 different languages on Swissinfo
The BG is working with all its capacities to maintain broadcasting operations even in this exceptional situation. The changeover will take some time - we are on it!
At its meeting yesterday evening, the LoRa Board, in consultation with the BG, took further decisions - these are valid with immediate effect until further notice and will be adjusted according to the current situation (and we all hope that they can be reversed as soon as possible!)
1. From today at 4 pm the LoRa building will be closed for programme makers until further notice. All badges will be disabled for the time being.
2. The BG will continue to work from home, there will only be emergency presence in LoRa
* The best way to reach us at the moment is by email => all BG addresses and responsibilities can be found here: https://www.lora.ch/kontakt
* We can be reached directly by telephone on weekdays between 13 and 16 o'clock on 044 567 24 11 Outside these times the answering machine is switched on and is checked daily
3. The Annual General Meeting (AGM), which was planned for April 18th, will be postponed to Saturday, June 27th, 2020 => more detailed information on the AGM will follow at the latest 3-4 weeks before this date and in view of the current situation
4. All other committee meetings shall also be held by online/telephone; the group of undertakings shall provide the infrastructure and information
IMPORTANT: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR BROADCASTING OPERATIONS?
Our usual production and broadcast mode is temporarily restricted by the current situation. This is only so that we can continue broadcasting under the restricted conditions as smoothly as possible in the coming weeks! As already mentioned: We take our information mission very seriously, especially in this situation, because a solidary, fair and critical accompaniment of this pandemic is politically indispensable to us.
=> We will program all pre-productions you send us - otherwise the emergency playlist with music mixes will run. Unfortunately, we currently have no capacity to repeat or re-air any shows.
IN THE MEANTIME WE ARE WORKING ON POSSIBILITIES FOR YOU TO PRODUCE PROGRAMMES AT HOME!
=> We are working on the production of tutorials on how you can pre-produce shows from home
=> At the same time, a multilingual information desk is being set up by the broadcasting commission: One focus of its work will be reporting on the current situation in languages other than the official national languages.
With these measures we would like to make a committed communal contribution to slowing down the spread of the virus so that an overload of the health care system can be prevented (#flattenthecurve). We will do everything we can to enable you to produce your programmes independently as soon as possible, even under these special conditions.
We will get back to you as soon as possible with new information and instructions! Also check the website www.lora.ch regularly.
Measures regarding Coronavirs from March 13 2020
The coronavirus has now arrived in our daily lives. In an extraordinary BG meeting today we decided on measures LoRa will take in view of the rapid spread of the virus.
We do not want to spread panic, but rather to take our responsibility for the society. The current aim is to contain the spread of the virus or to slow it down to such an extent that an overload of the health system can be prevented (#flattenthecurve). Experts agree that careful behaviour is crucial right now, because every day that the spread of the virus can be slowed down counts.
With these measures, we would like to make our contribution in solidarity with society and particularly vulnerable people - and at the same time ensure radio operations in these times continue under the safest possible conditions for all of us. That is why we are very dependent on your support and cooperation in the coming period.
We are taking our work as providers of information very seriously, especially in this situation, because we consider it politically crucial to accompany this pandemic with a spirit of solidarity and with a critical view of society and a fair perspective. So, in the meantime, we are working on solutions that make it possible to prepare your broadcasts from home or on the road. We will make these available as soon as possible.
For the coming week we recommend the following measures for the time being:
1. We would like to recommend you to avoid live broadcasts in the coming week if possible - in order to avoid potential exposure to the virus.
PLEASE SEND THE PRE-PRODUCTIONS AND INFORMATION FOR ALL SHOWS BY 12:00. ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT WILL BE BROADCAST BY 12:00 THE FOLLOWING DAY!
2. Preferably communicate with the BG by email over the next week - the BG will be working from home as much as possible and will only be present when absolutely necessary
⇨ all email addresses can be found here: https://www.lora.ch/kontakt/contact
⇨ the answering machine is checked daily
3. Stay up to date on www.lora.ch
We are taking these measures provisionally for one week - at the moment the situation is changing very quickly, so we will make further decisions next week
⇨ We will use the website www.lora.ch to update you on all current information - please check the website regularly and get informed there before you have your show
Solidary greetings from your BG