Um die archivierten Sendungen zu hören brauchst du einen Realaudio-Player. Mehr dazu
The Story of Sustainable Rice
An Interview With Ken Lee
Theresa Marquez from Heartland Stories Radio speaks with Ken Lee. Ken, with his wife Caryl Levine, founded Lotus Foods in 1995, a company that focuses on importing handcrafted rice from small family farms.
Ken and his team are committed to organic and regenerative practices that are generating more rice from less land, preserving valuable genetic biodiversity, saving hundreds of millions of gallons of water annually, promoting long-term soil health, and removing greenhouse gasses from the atmosphere.
Tune in to learn more about:
- Ken and Caryl's story on starting their rice business while traveling through China;
- Small rice farms and the toll it takes on women's health;
- The"More Crop per Drop" and System of Rice Intensification (SRI),which was developed to improve rice yields of low-income farmers to alleviate poverty and improve food security;
- The story of Henri de Laulanie, a Jesuit priest and agronomist who developed the SRI in Madagascar in the 70s;
- The golden rice, the genetically modified rice, that cannot solve any poverty, distribution or food waste problem;
- Why what we do to the earth we do to people, and what we do to the people we do to the earth.
To learn more about Ken's work and Lotus Foods go tohttps://www.lotusfoods.com
Sprouts: Radio from the Grassroots, is a weekly program produced collaboratively by radio producers at community stations around the world. The show features local news and culture of international interest.
Zu neu, zu alt, zu schräg, zu gerade. Nicht-alltägliche Musik, die Grenzen zu sprengen vermag. RTI Sound System öffnet Tore zu neuen Ufern. Eine Reise durch die Nacht voller Leckerein, Perlen und Höhepunkte. Themen auch genauer betrachten und immer wieder überraschen mit einem fruchtigen Potpourri aus Elektro, Riffs oder Noise. Resident DJ unseres Sound Systems und Live-DJ-Sets von illustren Gästen. Sendungsmacher: Ronnie und Michi
Jeden 2. Donnerstag des Monats
Lovolution International presents Sun Radio:
Continuing in the spontaneous groove / abstract sound tradition of NYC's "Audio Gumbo", Sun Radio brings an ecstatic, eclectic, electric, acoustic, organic, synthetic, syncretic sonic stew to your ears and souls. Unhinged from stylistic limitations or delineations. Crossing borders without passports. From hyperwarp uberfunk to solar sparks, outer realms of impossibility to eternal serenity. Including: Jazz / Funk / Folk / Fusion / African / Indian / Jamaican / Experimental / Electronic Focus on live performance and living ensembles, new music, upcoming projects, rare materials. Local Zurich Kultur, Swiss regional and transnational diversifications. Crunchy Muesli for your Mind. Tone Science for your Ass. Straight from Outer Space to Zurich and Beyond. And Back. Sunshine in the middle of the night.
Jeden 2. und 4. Donnerstag im Monat